CyberSem‘s site was launched recently. I built the site on a server-installed WordPress platform using The Thesis Theme for WordPress for flexibiliy of design customization and search engine optimization. Utilizing plug-ins and scripts, I was able to meet the client’s specifications for features and functionality:
- A site allowing content can be managed by a non-technical person (including a table on the home page fed by a database).
- Clean and simple design complimenting logo
- Creation of graphics for visual description of the institution through slide show
- Customized navigation
- Marketing content creation
- Student Registration form that builds a database
- Course Registration and Payment Processing
- Vehicle for Donations
- Expanding FAQs
- Contact Form
- Mobile device readable
- Blog feed and statistics
- Facebook fan page
CyberSem’s mission is:
To craft and sustain an environment where all members of the school community support the uniqueness of individual students, helping them achieve their individual academic potential through efficient communication and collaboration.
CyberSem strives to create a warm and student-focused learning experience fostering group dynamics and critical thinking guided by seasoned teachers who are experts in their field. Our goal is to contribute to the well-being of Jewish communities by providing women with the ability to further their education and thus increase their successes both inside and outside the home.
CyberSem aspires to be a Distance Education School of Higher Education founded on the goal of making advanced Judaic studies more accessible to post-secondary women. Within the framework of Torah, students will be exposed to the rich tapestry of text, thought and challenge and aspire to be lifelong learners.